Whether you’re looking to save money or want a more personal touch to your gifting, homemade gifts can be a great solution. Below are many ideas for gifts that are made using items you may already have at your home, keeping your costs way down.
Cookies, breads, and other treats can make great gifts. Bake or make your favorite, or try something a little different.
- Soup mixes in a jar (reuse a glass jar you already have – cleaned, of course!)
- French onion dip mix
- Chocolate dipping spoons
- Flavored salts
- Homemade fudge
- Cinnamon brown sugar butter
- Crockpot applesauce
BATH AND BODY PRODUCTS
Who couldn’t use a little pampering?
TO SEW OR NOT TO SEW
If you have fabric lying around, there are plenty of giftable items you can make. Here are some ideas:
- Hand warmer bags
- Mug rug
- Tissue holder
- Fabric scrap bookmark
- Skillet handle cover
- Kids’ infinity scarf
- Tea pot coaster
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure! In this case, turn unused items into great gifts.
- Upcycled cup cozy (using an old sweater!)
- T-shirt ruffle scarf
- Turn scrap wood into play food
- Folded book art
- Ways to use old cards and wrapping paper
- Fort building tubes (using newspaper)
JUST ADD PAPER
It’s amazing what you can make using paper. Here are some giftable ideas:
OTHER DIY GIFTS
- Play dough
- Bookmarks – assorted options
- Stress ball
- Shaped crayons
- Rustic pencil holder
- Rockin’ tic tac toe set
- Pipe cleaner and yarn trivets
- Rock photo holders
- Ornaments (lots of different kinds)
- Beach in a jar
Hopefully these give you some ideas for homemade gifts. They are certainly not the only options! Project ideas can be found all over the internet. Try searching for projects using items you have on hand and see where it takes you!